Submission: AI Action Plan
The Hub has made a submission to the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources in response to a call for input into the development of an Artificial Intelligence Action Plan.
This submission was prepared in partnership with The Allens Hub for Technology, Law and Innovation, The Law Society of New South Wales Future of Law and Innovation in the Profession (FLIP), The Disability Innovation Institute at UNSW (DIIU) and The Australian Society for Computers & Law.
The submission focuses on issues relevant to legal tech as well as the importance of law reform as a component of a national AI action plan, including the following.
• Defining artificial intelligence
• Skills and capabilities for an AI enabled future
• Artificial intelligence in the legal sector
• The need to include law reform in the Action Plan
• Legal options for lowering barriers to entry
A copy of the submission is here. Further information on the background to the submission is here